Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Week 2 on Guadeloupe

This week I have really had to learn to listen to Heavenly Father and to just simple trust Him. And even though things may be difficult, if I try to have the spirit with me things always get better. French is hard. haha. But hopefully it will come. I need prayers. Lots and lots of prayers. Pray your little hearts out. I guess it will give me more patience and understanding for when I am a teacher. We have done LOTS of service this week and that has been lots of fun. First we weeded this family's yard. Which was about an acre, and after they fed us coconuts, baked plantanes, breaded fish, mangoes, and sugar cane. YUM! Then, all of the church got together for a service protect in this wildlife refuge. We spent all day throwing away a ton of metal from this little reserve. I got to ride on a ox pulled wagon, though! It was tons of fun and my hair is seriously bleached form all of the sun. I think we are going to be on the news for that service project. Go look up on Guadeloupe 1 or something like that and see if you see me on the news! Life is great. I love you all sooooooo much!  My address here is:

Sister Hawkes
Rèsidance "Les Paltuviers"
appt 17, Baiment A,
Moudond Sud
97122 Baie-Mahult, Guadeloupe

Please write me! 



Katrina was a "future missionary" Thanks for finding this, Vanessa!

No comments:

Post a Comment