Search This Blog

Monday, August 4, 2014

One Last Baptism!!!

Ma chère famille,
Bonjour, je suis trop contente que je serai avec vous bientôt! je ne sais pas si je dois pleurer ou rigoler. mais je vous aime!!!
A little french for your day today!!! I love you all so much and I am soo excited to be seeing you soon! 

This week has been great. I really felt the spirit at church and I bore my testimony to say goodbye for Fast Sunday since all of the members where there. We have a branch and also a group (which is smaller than a branch) that comes over Fast Sunday. It was really great. 

I'm not going to lie, I am very tired from all of the biking! but i can do it!!! We just shrank our area and are out of the big city and into a smaller area called Abymes. It's great there and we have been seeing lots of miracles. We have been praying and fasting to have a baptism before we leave and.... we are!!! The elders have been teaching the man named "E" for about 10 months. He has been taught everything twice and had been coming to church for quite some time. He was progressing towards baptism so the elders tried to see if we could help him. We committed him to be baptized this week and he was praying about it all of Fast Sunday. AH! The spirit was so strong. Probably one of the best and most heartfelt fasts that we have had on the mission. We had a little lesson with him after sacrament meeting and he said that he felt that the spirit was telling him that it was the right choice!!! Wow!!! We have been working so hard and praying so much for this goal and even though it was in a way that we didn't expect. What an amazing testimony that the Lord has a plan of his children and all that He wants of us do do  is to do our best and He will guide to what He wants.
I love you all so much and I can't believe that I will be home in about a week. So crazy. Tell Rachel congrats and that I am thinking of her. I love you all so much again. I know that this church is true and that this is the Lord's work!!!! 

Love,
Sœur Hawkes

No comments:

Post a Comment