Search This Blog

Monday, February 17, 2014

Getting caught in Carnival with Sister Riley in Our New Area

Hey folks.

 No time to write today.. sorry. But just wanted to let you know that things are going great. Sister Riley, my new companion, came in Friday afternoon. She is such a sweetheart and doesn't speak a word of french. Haha. A little Spanish though. We are on bikes but our area is pretty flat so I'm happy. The branch here is amazing and I'm really excited to start working with the members and helping them find friends to teach. I can just feel the potential for this branch!! We are really trying to start out on the right foot and help meet with all of the members and help them start their missionary work! Ah!!! So excited!!! A little stressed. We don't have any investigators yet but that's okay. It's only been two days and a good chunk of that time our zone leaders were showing us around our area.

So.....
We got stuck in the middle of Carnival. It. Was. Insane. And an accident. We were trying to visit a member and the streets were full of people but we thought we could just go around them. That didn't work. Imagine thousands of people all dancing and drunk and crazy, loud, Caribbean drums everywhere. We never got to the members house because his road was blocked off with people and the parades. It was getting dark so we just gave up and went home. Ahhh..... 
I'm am really praying that we will have a miracle here and have some good investigators soon. I'm just really excited for this week and am ready to work hard. We have also set a really good plan for Sister Riley to learn French. This week will be a miracle week. I KNOW that Heavenly Father loves his missionaries and has prepared specific people in this area to share the gospel with. Ahh.... a little stressed. But i can do it!!! Could y'all pray for me and my companion and this area and the members. I can do hard things!!
Thanks mom for sending me the package!!
I loved all of your emails and I'm super sorry that I can't respond to all of you. Just know I love you and REALLY appreciate your kindness!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANDREA!!!! I LOVE YOU!!! Je t'aime!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment