Search This Blog

Monday, March 10, 2014

Faith

Hi family!!! 

This week has been amazing and has really strengthened my faith in the Lord. We had a 24 hour companionship fast on Wednesday. Then we just about killed our selves from not drinking water and riding bikes all day ( I am never doing a 24 hour fast when it does not fall on a Sunday again... on bikes at least.) So we fasted because we just really needed some miracles in this area. So the day that we ended our fast we set a baptismal date with one of our investigators. AMAZING!! The lesson that we had was one of the most spiritual lessons I have ever had. And the best part is that he is from Dominica and so we just teach him in English. (What a blessing for sister Riley, and for me too) He is a referral from a recent convert, her brother actually. So that was amazing. 

Our church has sacrament meeting last and our Francis the investigator didn't show up to the first two meetings. So Sister Riley and I said a prayer. Afterwards, I decided to exercise some faith. So I kept praying to myself and told Heavenly Father that I knew that he could do anything and that I honestly believed that he could get Francis to church. Then after I just felt a peace and kept that faith that he would come strong in my heart, and didn't doubt the Lord. Then.... we walk into the chapel and Francis was sitting down quietly listening to the music. WOW!!! Faith!! I really taught me that if one honestly believes in God and doesn't doubt him and you have a righteous desire, He will always answer our prayers. always. It made me think of when Peter walked on water to go to meet Christ. He notices the strong winds and starts to sink. When he starts to fall Christ goes and saves him and says " Oh thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?" Miracles are possible as long as we trust the Lord and don't look at what could knock us down but rather keep our eyes on the Savior. - That was my little eye opener for the week.
Things are going great. I hope you are all doing well I love you!!!

Sister Hawkes

No comments:

Post a Comment