Search This Blog

Monday, April 14, 2014

Dominoes and Deranged Felines

This week was good we worked really hard and had lots of success. I think the best part was when having such a hard time and working so hard for so long that we finally saw the fruits of our efforts. People just kept saying yes and yes and yes to baptismal dates. It was pretty cool to see. It was evidence of how much the Lord really is in this work.

Sister Riley saved me from a cat that jumped out of a garbage bin late one night. It was really funny. We heard something rustling and jumped out (naturally we both assumed it was a big scary man because of our past experiences at our apartment) and so she pushed me out of the way and had her pepper spray open and ready to go when we saw that it was just a cat. Hahaha. So funny!

Also we met a man named Cowboy that walks around all of the time (I'm 90% sure he is homeless) with a cowboy hat and outfit on. He always smiles and waves to us. One time we spoke to him and he told us that he calls himself Cowboy. I wonder if his mother named him that and he has just always played along with it or if he just decided he likes cowboys.

Also I bought a dominoes set (they really like dominoes here) and we play it with all of the old mammys in the branch to make them feel loved and have something fun to do. We played it with this one lady who can't come to church because of health, she is 92, but the priesthood takes the sacrament to her every week. It was a great time, and we played with her daughter who is not a member, and I think that that really opened her heart to us.

That is something that I have really learned on my mission. How important it is to have good strong relationships with people by getting to know them, asking good questions and just really listening before you teach them about the gospel. Teaching just comes that much more naturally and the Spirit is always there. 

It was a great week and now I am a bit burnt out. Not going to lie. We have zone conference next week so I am really excited for that.

I love you all so much and I hope that you have a great week!

Love, Me

No comments:

Post a Comment