Search This Blog

Monday, April 7, 2014

The Best Day I Have Ever Had on my Mission

This week has been really great. And from all of your letters I can tell that you have all had a great week as well. My cold is gone, just an annoying little cough left over "une petite toux".

Last Monday we went on a little jaunt to a place called Lla Port d'enfer" which translated means the "door to hell."It was really pretty. Haha. No, it was a really cool place next to the beach with cool rock formations and caverns every where. I felt like it was in the Harry Potter seen when Harry goes with Dumbledore to drink the potion to get the necklace and all of the creepy zombies attack. Okay, I might remember Harry Potter a bit too well.
Then we had an Family Home Evening with the part member family Annie and her husband. It was good and we talked about prophets and she says that she wants to be baptized.
 
We had a great lesson with an investigator who is the cousin of a member she had dropped us a couple of weeks ago but invited us back. The spirit was really there and the lesson was so amazing. She came to conference and she told her cousin that she could feel her faith growing and that she feels like she needs to do something with it. She has read all the way until Alma 50 in the Book of Mormon and never puts it down. Her problem is that she is just not married and lives with someone. But if she has faith she can do hard things!

On Thursday we had one of the best days I have ever had on my mission. The spirit was just so strong the whole day. It was just this overwhelming peace ALL DAY LONG. Every single second I felt the Holy Ghost. that was amazing. All of our lessons were so great to. I just felt so much love for everyone that we taught and we much Some really great progress with all of our investigators. We met one family and taught them for the first time that day. It was the best lesson that I have ever taught. Completely lead by the Holy Ghost. We taught them again Saturday and they all committed to being baptized. Wow!

Sister Riley's french is really progressing and we become better and better friends everyday

Friday night we went to go visit the part member family again and just the ways there. On our way, it start to pour. We were soaked through. And of course when we got there I had a flat tire. The lesson was... interesting! I Don't want to say too much, but she just kept hitting her two year old child so that he would be quite. Well, eventually she hit him so hard that he threw up! So we told her to never hit her little boy again and that we had to leave. I was crying really hard after we left.  I don't know what to do about that family. AHHH!

Conference was amazing!! We had a couple investigators come and they loved it. Really uplifted and I'm just sad its over. 

Inline image 1
Enjoying coconuts after Conference
well, I love you all so much and you are always in my prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment