Search This Blog

Monday, May 26, 2014

Happy Memorial Day!

Okay, so this week was good! 

One of our investigators "O" will be getting baptized the 7th of June! We are so excited for him! He is fifteen and is really excited and ready to follow Jesus Christ. His mom is a single parent and she is sort of off the deep end but is really happy for him and is excited that he is making this choice. Heavenly Father really answers prayers.

I have been able to work with the sisters a lot and help them in their teaching skills. Lots of work! 


So this week our investigator "Ann" had her baby!!! we went and visited her. she had had a C section but enjoyed the visit. she is amazing and got out of the hospital on Saturday and STILL CAME TO CHURCH the next day. Wow. Talk about commitment. She would be baptized except that they are working on the decision of whether or not they want to get married. But other than that she is doing great. 

We also visited another sister from the ward who had a baby. Lots of babies in the branch this week. They are so cute and I was so sad that I couldn't hold them. (It's a mission rule: no holding children.)

On Thursday, we had a really great day planned with lots of backups and it was going to be perfect. And of course everyone had fallen through. My bike was also in the shop because last week. When I was on an exchanges, Sister Riley was with Sister Eyre, she was riding my bike and got hit by a car. What? She is completely fine but the bike was totaled. So we were without a bike for a week. Yes, so we couldn't just go around and visit people because we had to walk/ride the bus. We prayed and I got the thought that we should take the bus to this one certain area. Didn't know why. So we did got off and I thought that we should go visit one of our part member families. The dad is less active and the mom is our investigator. we had just visited them the day before and it was our first visit with the family all together. So we walked by there house and the dad happened to be outside picking fruit. We were like "Oh hey! Just passing through, didn't even remember you lived here. haha......" He invited us in and gave us juice and then the mom came out and we had a really great lesson and the spirit was really strong. So that was cool. Heavenly Father knows what he wants us to do and where he wants us to go. We just need to follow the promptings of the Spirit. 

I love you all so much! You are always in my heart and prayers. I try to not think about how much time I have left but if I do it is just to motivate me to work harder and do my best and learn the very most I can before I have to go home. 

Hope you all have a good week. Love you!

Sister Hawkes

No comments:

Post a Comment