Search This Blog

Monday, June 2, 2014

Ready for Baptism!

Hey y'all. This week has been GREAT! Contrary to popular belief, O will be baptized THIS Saturday, the 7th. not the Saturday that has passed. He is READY and excited!!! Yay!

 I love life.
"O" is the boy in blue

I went on another exchange this week with Sister ____. It was fun and I got to help her and I learned a lot from her as well. This week has been sort of rough with being the sister lead trainer. Hmmm. Sometimes I need to like give good advice and stuff and i'm just thinking to myself "I have no idea what to say."  Then I pray really hard! Then I say something. Ah! I don't know if I ever do any good or am even setting a good example. But I'm trying and really trying to turn to the Lord for help so He knows that and so He will help me. 

Something really cool that my zone leader said to me is that as we are searching for revelation its sort of like a horse with a bit in its mouth. if we are really off course, the Lord's with give us a big jerk with the spirit. But when we are on course He isn't going to pull tightly on the reigns. It will just be little encouragements here and there, the most important thing is that we keep just moving forward. Maybe we are looking for big spiritual confirmations for the decisions that we must make but God won't always (and most of the time won't) give us that if it is not needed. All we must do is keep pressing forward and do the best with the knowledge we are giving and keep searching for MORE knowledge. That's important. 

Anyway.... Yes. Great week!!!!! Tomorrow morning I will leaving my apartment at 4:30 am to get on a plan to go to Trinidad for a zone leader/sister lead trainer conference. SUPER EXCITED!!! I just can't wait. Sister Riley will be with a temp. for three days. She is 17 and she and her family are strong members in the church. But she doesn't speak English!!

 You are so awesome and I love you!

I love you all so much! Thanks for all of the letters. Even though I'm almost home I need them now more than ever! I have a goal to keep really focused until the day I leave and not think about home!! So keep cheering me on and keep praying for our work here! It's needed until the last minute!! 


I love you all!

Soeur Hawkes

Future Missionaries






What???





No comments:

Post a Comment