Search This Blog

Monday, July 21, 2014

Our investigator "M" and her family!

Hello Everyone! My new companion is Sister Gill, in the white shirt and brown skirt. She speaks great French, which is very helpful when teaching. She is like an angel sent to me for the end of my mission. We are very similar and get along great. 

Things are going well here for me. I really want to baptize again before I leave but I don't know if that will happen. I need to just pray really hard for a miracle!!! I will be going to St. Maarten and Martinique again this week Wednesday to Friday so that should be fun! I'm am having a leadership council tomorrow and we are going to be discussing about whether we should put all of the sisters in cars. I think that would be a lot safer. So hopefully that happens. We have zone conference this week. It was really great and I learned TONS!!! Really focused on cultivating our spiritual gifts and getting more so that we can help other people and be cleansed of our sins. I need to pray more to have some specific spiritual gifts. Especially charity. I think that I always need to do a better job at that. 

We have an investigator named M (and her children) that we are teaching. Her companion is a less active and we have a really spiritual experience the other week. We knelt down and she prayed and felt after wards that she knew the church was true and that she need to get baptized. I bore my testimony and the spirit was really strong. I cried. We also committed them to prepare to get married. But unfortunately I don't think that will be possible because of her companion. So we are praying that they will have the courage to split off. I love her so much and I hope she gets baptized before I leave.

I'm really excited to come home but also really sad. I love this work so much. I love Guadeloupe and I don't know whether to cry or smile all of the time. Cry because I don't want to leave and laugh because I'm so excited to see all of you. I love you so much and I hope that you have an amazing week!! See you in.... 3 1/2 weeks???

I love you!!
Sœur Hawkes

No comments:

Post a Comment